Fukuoka’s unique geographic location and size makes it possible that you can go to the beach for surfing or hiking in the mountains from central Fukuoka in less than 30mins. Seasonal as well as year-round activities are available.
- Surfing & Standup Paddle Boarding
- Hiking at nearby mountains
- Hot Springs & Hot Rock Sauna
- Strawberry Farm Picking
- Bamboo Shoot Digging
- Visiting/Working at local Farm
- Bicycle track tours
- Zen Meditation at local temple
Many Japanese from students to adults are joining us regularly at our events. It’s a great opportunity to make friends with local Japanese and also practice your language skills!
- Language Exchange with Japanese
- Singing Karaoke
- Cooking Parties
- Japanese Pub experience (Izakaya)
- Playing Nintendo Wii together
- Different tours conducted by local college students
Fukuoka is not only Japan’s official “Ramen Capital”, but also well known for several other yummy dishes. It is considered as the most culinary place in Japan, where many signature dishes come from.
- Ramen Yatai Tours with locals
- Yakitori (Grilled Chicken Skewers)
- Hitokuchi Gyoza (One mouth bite crunchy Gyoza)
- Freshly caught, locally prepared Sushi
- Karashi Mentaiko (spicy seasoned cod roe)
- Udon (Japanese wheat noodles)
- Hakata Tōrimon (Kyushu’s most famous cookie!!!)
We offer one-day trips and also weekend trips to places more far away. If the timing is right, you can visit local festivals with us, too!
- Mount Aso
- Henna Hoteru (Hotel completely run by Robots)
- Haustenbos Entertainment Park
How to apply
Once you are enrolled at Meiji Academy, you can directly check our activity board at school and book it directly through our staff at the reception. Simple and easy.